Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Shut off water when washer not in use?

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:36:44 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 06:35:39 -0400,
wrote:

The difference is probably about 1/4th the water per minute but it is
getting spilled in a lot more expensive place.

No, there are other differences that affect the likelyhood of simple
failure, and your flow estimate is also wildly wrong.

Why is it wrong? 1/4" pipe is roughly 1/4 the circular mils of 1/2"
pipe. (some refrigerators are plumbed with 3/8" to get better flow out
of "water in the door")

Since a large number of icemakers are hooked up with vinyl tubing and
the fridge itself is plumbed with vinyl tubing I see that as a greater
risk.

Cabinet bases are very susceptible to damage and replacing all the
base cabinets in a kitchen will be up in 5 figures. I don't see where
I am wrong.

I can't help you then. Sorry.