Posted to alt.home.repair
hands on hands on is offline

Default cracked concrete slab has patch in it-slab only 2-3 inches thick

On Sep 5, 11:29*am, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:17:06 -0500, Steve Barker DLT wrote:
Two reasons it's funny:

1. He'll never re-coop his losses from a lawsuit.

Why not? *He will also loose his investment in this house with such a
shabby foundation. *Walls will have major cracking and will not appreciate
in value. *Op will have a difficult time selling if he does not get this
dealt with immediately.

2. Should have been watching as it was being built.

You are assuming he ordered the house. *Many builders build and then sell.
Can't do much about that. *It is still built in violation of the building
code. *The contractor is in jeopardy of loosing his license if this goes to
court. *

"N8N" wrote in message
Why is this funny? *A house with code violations has reduced value on
the market, buyer should be compensated for his losses.

nate

I have a structural engineer coming today to give me formal evaluation
for legal proceedings with builder and town that okd the slab
inspection.