Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Catalytic converters on weed trimmers

On Sep 5, 9:54 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Catalytic converters, smaller than those used on automobiles, should add no
more than $600.00 to your average lawnmower or weed trimmer.

My new Stihl string trimmer has one. Whole thing cost about $250.
Granted, that's 2x what my old Ryobi cost, but it's 10x the quality.
Converter doesn't seem to make much difference.

Ventless "spill proof" gas cans really **** me off. Obviously
designed by an environmentalist who's never actually used a gas can.
It's impossible to use one without gas spilling everywhere. What was
the big deal with the separate vent?