Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default cracked concrete slab has patch in it-slab only 2-3 inches thick

On Sep 5, 6:03*am, hands on wrote:
MY 3 year old house built on a concrete slab has a new crack I found
(the 6th one) in the floor of a room where I was removing builder
(Veranda Homes LLC) installed carpet. The crack is 14 feet long and at
one end was a bad patch job that was *a 1 1/2 foot hole.
I tapped on the patch area to find that it sounded hollow, then the
patch crumbled.
I found that my slab is only 2-3 inches thick in this area and not the
required 4 inches by building code.
How do I repair this hole?
Builder is uncooperative.House is only 3 years old.http://verandahomessucks.com/

No real advice except perhaps; run, don't walk, away. If they
cheated on the foundation, what else did they do?
A lot of people are in for surprises when the peel back layers of trim
on recently built houses.
For a while my son and his wife had a final cleaning business,
prepping the house for its occupants and at various stages before.
He told me that it was common for builders to hurry the flooring to
hide the cracks as quickly as possible, and these were $350k & up
houses.