Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default differentiated thought before cutting metal

In article ,
nick hull wrote:

It's been said that Necessity is the Mother of Invention. False;
Laziness is the true Mother

Old story, supposedly about Henry Ford:

While Ford was guiding a visitor through his plant, the visitor saw a
guy sitting with his feet up on his desk, apparently half-asleep. The
visitor asked Ford how he could tolerate such blatant laziness. Ford
replied: "Last year that man came up with ideas that either saved or
made me millions of dollars. He's about due for another one or two. He
can sit at that desk forever for all I care!"

The old Bell Labs/Western Electric supposedly incorporated a pond and a
few boats. There were always a few boats out with guys laying back,
thinking. Wonder how many improvements came off that pond.