Posted to alt.home.repair
cm[_2_] cm[_2_] is offline

Default Kool Seal replacement?

Ken,

We used a white elastomeric from Benjamin Moore paints on the last roof we
did. It worked out very well. Also if you have a choice between two or the
elastomeric coatings and are inclined to buy the cheapest then I suggest you
read the labels and see how many square feet per gallon they cover and do
the math. The more expensive coating may be less expensive by the time you
are done.

Good luck,

cm

"Ken" wrote in message
I can't find any Kool Seal paint for my mobile home roof. No one will
even special order it for me in my small SW city, including Lowes. True
Value hardware, who used to carry it, told me to use Henry Solarflex 287
SF (which they, surprisingly, happened to have in stock). I've tried it
and no leaks but still... The roof hasn't had much stress since though -
few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't
say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly
recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local
source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken