Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kool Seal replacement?

I can't find any Kool Seal paint for my mobile home roof. No one will
even special order it for me in my small SW city, including Lowes. True
Value hardware, who used to carry it, told me to use Henry Solarflex 287
SF (which they, surprisingly, happened to have in stock). I've tried it
and no leaks but still... The roof hasn't had much stress since though -
few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't
say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly
recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local
source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

No 'Where to Buy" listing for my city or nearby at the Kool Seal Inc.
site.

Ken

Ken wrote in news:Xns9B0F5E0AC9DAAinvalidcom@
130.133.1.4:

-
few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't
say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly
recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local
source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

A year or so ago, I was in a HD and saw. Hmm. check online. No roof coat
listed at H D.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...-30&lpage=none

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...R-5&lpage=none

The following URL:

http://www.google.com/products?q=roo...ing&btnG=Searc
h+Products&hl=en

has a length of 72 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which
has a length of 25 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/63vuk4

Hint: Try Ace Hardware.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ken" wrote in message
I can't find any Kool Seal paint for my mobile home roof. No one will
even special order it for me in my small SW city, including Lowes. True
Value hardware, who used to carry it, told me to use Henry Solarflex 287
SF (which they, surprisingly, happened to have in stock). I've tried it
and no leaks but still... The roof hasn't had much stress since though -
few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't
say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly
recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local
source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://tinyurl.com/63vuk4
Try a google shopping search. Very helpful. I like Ace. Earlier this year I
wanted a roll of garden hose, fabric, rolls flat. Like fire department hose.
Can't find it instores. Online search found Harbor Freight had it, but back
ordered. Ace had it shipped in from a warehouse, and I went and picked it
up. I'm very pleased with Ace.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Sep 2008 16:23:53 GMT, Ken wrote:

[...]

You might try a local mobile home / RV parts supply store in the local
area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken,

Kool Seal white elastomeric is not made to stop leaks. They do have a
rubberized primer that is made to stop leaks.
The white elastomeric is only made to protect and extend the life of the
roofing it is applied to. Any stoppage of leaks is coincidental.

cm

"Ken" wrote in message
I can't find any Kool Seal paint for my mobile home roof. No one will
even special order it for me in my small SW city, including Lowes. True
Value hardware, who used to carry it, told me to use Henry Solarflex 287
SF (which they, surprisingly, happened to have in stock). I've tried it
and no leaks but still... The roof hasn't had much stress since though -
few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't
say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly
recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local
source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken,

We used a white elastomeric from Benjamin Moore paints on the last roof we
did. It worked out very well. Also if you have a choice between two or the
elastomeric coatings and are inclined to buy the cheapest then I suggest you
read the labels and see how many square feet per gallon they cover and do
the math. The more expensive coating may be less expensive by the time you
are done.

Good luck,

cm

"Ken" wrote in message
I can't find any Kool Seal paint for my mobile home roof. No one will
even special order it for me in my small SW city, including Lowes. True
Value hardware, who used to carry it, told me to use Henry Solarflex 287
SF (which they, surprisingly, happened to have in stock). I've tried it
and no leaks but still... The roof hasn't had much stress since though -
few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't
say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly
recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local
source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Try a google shopping search. Very helpful. I like Ace. Earlier this
year I wanted a roll of garden hose, fabric, rolls flat. Like fire
department hose. Can't find it instores. Online search found Harbor
Freight had it, but back ordered. Ace had it shipped in from a
warehouse, and I went and picked it up. I'm very pleased with Ace.

Finally found it there. Too bad the Ace here is out in a far suburb, or
I'd go there more often.

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Hint: Try Ace Hardware.

That got it! Thanks. Wow! Kool Seal is now over $90 for 5 gal. with tax!

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

That sounds like the disclaimer at the end of a police drama.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"cm" wrote in message
Ken,

Kool Seal white elastomeric is not made to stop leaks. They do have a
rubberized primer that is made to stop leaks.
The white elastomeric is only made to protect and extend the life of the
roofing it is applied to. Any stoppage of leaks is coincidental.

cm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kool Seal replacement? (and Ace is far away)

The Ace where I got my hose, about thirty miles from me. I know that
concept.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus