Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C ukdiy Pete C ukdiy is offline

Default Replacing Fridge Thermostat

On Sep 3, 9:12 pm, wrote:
My fridge ( Lec Elan /no icebox) ) seems to have difficulty getting to
5 degrees without the control being set at setting 6 which is it's
Max . I am using a thermometer to check this .
I'm proposing to replace the thermostat and was wondering if it's a
difficult job . The control is just below the top ( appears to be
removeable) of the fridge above the door and can be operated when the
door is shut . Looking at the back of the fridge a pipe which I take
to be the tubing on the thermo exits from just under the top of the
fridge and then goes back inside the fridge about 1/3rd of the way
down and I guess it sits behind the plate that sits at the back of
the fridge (inside) .
This would appear to be the replacement thermohttp://www.buyspares.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID=866802&query=LEC%20...

It seems reasonably straightforward ...remove the fridge
top,disconnect the inside plate ,disconnect the switch and remove the
thermo then do the same in reverse ...
Does that sound right ?

Hi,

Sounds reasonable but also try ukwhitegoods (google), they may be able
to supply a stat too.

cheers,
Pete.