Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:41:37 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
metspitzer wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 06:38:25 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

I suspect you guys who think grounding is god's gift to mankind of being
trolls. Perhaps I missed the answer to my earlier query about what
exactly y'all think it is that makes an ungrounded computer "dangerous."

An ungrounded computer would be dangerous for the same reason an
ungrounded stove would be.

If there is a hot to case short, the computer would have 120V on the
case.

This could electrocute you, and you would be dead, forever.

OK, I'll humor you. Please open up your computer, and take a picture of
the 120VAC wire that could come loose and short to the case. That's
assuming the case is metal, of course, which it most likely is not.

You have to open the power supply. It is the wire attached to the
fuse block.

They are in every computer. If you don't know where they are, just
Google it.