Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Loctite discovery

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 04:32:02 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I saw people get gas in their mouths too often, so I decided to avoid
it myself. Instead, I took a flexible toilet float and punched two
holes in it. One held the cutoff of garden hose, the other an 18"
piece of clear tubing. I put the garden hose in the tank with the
small side of the float pushed up against the filler neck. Then I blew
with the small tube to pressurize the gas tank, causing the fuel flow
without my being anywhere near it. I should have patented that idea
30+ years ago. Now it's too late, with anti-siphon necks and all.
sigh

That is an old trick Larry. Learned it from my Dad ~35 years
ago. His wasn't quite so snazzy though, just a shop rag
wrapped around the hoses and stuffed into the filler neck.
You have to blow a bit more, but it works without the lovely
mouth full of gas. Cough, cough, gag...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b