Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Cutting steel plate

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
news:Mhpvk.408$jE1.383@trnddc03...
Michael Koblic wrote:

3) Put a abrasive disk in a circular saw with a decent motor and an all
metal construction (I could not do that today with my cordless as the
guards are plastic) - all for less than $100.

Thanks,

A worm drive 7-1/4" saw with a Tenryu or Matsu****a blade will cut through
plate like butter. Google this group on tenryu and you will see ..

Interesting. I have been using an fiber re-enforced abrasive blade in my
14" chop saw. They seem to last about the best of anything and cut ok. How
would one of these blades compare for speed? Is the durability enough to
make up for the cost. I mean would they last as long as 5 fiber abrasive
disks? 10? 20?

Do they need to be cooled with liquid? The local metal yard where I
occasionally buy a few pieces of steel has what looks like a 20" blade that
they keep cool with a white milky liquid that is recollected and filtered
below the feed table.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com