Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

In article ,
Michael A. Ball wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 06:38:25 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

...I suspect you guys who think grounding is god's gift to mankind of being
trolls. Perhaps I missed the answer to my earlier query about what
exactly y'all think it is that makes an ungrounded computer "dangerous."

It isn't that the ungrounded computer is dangerous: it is the computer,
and peripherals, that are in danger.

Really? What are they in danger of? Incoming AC is transformed,
rectified, filtered, and regulated. How many line gremlins are going to
get through all that? The "surge suppressor" and "line conditioner"
shucksters are laughing their way to the bank with the protection racket
payouts of the ground-pin worshipping masses.