Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default Downspout Installation ?

Tube Audio wrote:
I am having a re-roof done including new gutters and downspouts. The gutter
guy came out yesterday and installed the gutters and downspouts.

Some of the downspouts are not perpendicular. If I measure the distance in
from the end of the house to the downspout, I get 7 inches at the top of the
downspout and about 6 in at the bottom of the downspout, so about an inch
difference, from a distance this is noticeable to the eye. This is a single
story Ranch style home, so the downspouts are about 7 feet long.

In other spots the distance is 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch.

Besides visually not being straight is there any disadvantage?

Screws into plastic anchors into the stucco hold the downspout straps in.

Am I being anal? Should I just reposition them myself, or call the roofing
company?

You paid them. Makes one wonder about the quality of the rest of the
job. They do not seem to care about the quality of their work.

Lou