Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

In article ,
Michael A. Ball wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:40:55 GMT,
(chuckferguson) wrote:

...I install home computers, and recently I was in a beautiful old house to
install a machine but found there were only two-prong ungrounded outlets.
I didn't know what else I could do, so I removed the grounding prongs from
a six-splitter and plugged that into the wall. I plugged the computer and
the LCD display into the six-splitter. Can someone tell me if this is
dangerous and if so how dangerous?...

Hell's bells! No offense, but I'm surprised you had to ask these
questions.

FYI, no surge suppressor or battery backup manufacturer will honor their
insurance policy, if the computer isn't properly connected to a properly
wired circuit.

I live in a one hundred year old house, which has only a couple of
properly wired circuits--and my computer gets one of them!

You asked, "...is this dangerous and if so how dangerous?" If I caught
you doing a stunt like you described (and I would catch you), it would
be quite dangerous.

DerbyDad03 suspects you of being a troll. I think he might be correct.

I suspect you guys who think grounding is god's gift to mankind of being
trolls. Perhaps I missed the answer to my earlier query about what
exactly y'all think it is that makes an ungrounded computer "dangerous."