Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default -google_groups- Shut off water when washer not in use?

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:32:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 3, 7:46?pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "MLD" wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

pressure pulses. ?Get yourself a single lever Watts valve.

Like this?
http://www.pexsupply.com/Categories....D=610&brandid=

First I heard of this. Interesting. Convenient. Cheap insurance.

Jerry

Exactly, if you're handy you can put it in yourself. As noted below--a one
finger flip and both the hot and cold water are shutoff. ?A real cheap
solution- ?All these guys who say "Never" are going to eat their words one
day.
MLD

They are exactly what you described and also inexpensive. One quick motion
and the water is off. Those valves have become really common in the past
maybe 15 years or so. I don't think I have ever seen new construction or
remodeling where they weren't used. The local real supply house has them
in the area right behind the counter with the other commonly sold stuff.

All right, I'm an idiot. How do you install the thing, assuming you get
the threaded variety? Unions above it?- Hide quoted text -

ahh somone might run their vehicle into your home, dont laugh it
happened to a realtive

electrical sort in wall from say a picture being hung on wall might
cause house fire and destroy home.

never go away from your home for more than a few hours, furnace might
malfunction, house freeze, tons of damage.

commercial airliner might crash into your home....... do you want to
be there at the time of impact?

theres endless possible disasters, your better off having insurance,
taking care of routine maintence and not stress to much lest worrying
causes heart attack and death.

life is too short to spend it all fretting possibilties.......

An intelligent person removes any risks that are easy to mitigate. My
home has never been burglarized, and I've never had my car stolen. I
still lock both of them when I leave them. Washer hose disasters are
pretty common (ask any insurance company) and VERY easy to avoid. I
also recommend stopping for red traffic lights, and cooking pork
thoroughly.