Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shut off water when washer not in use?

Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

Well, they ARE rated for continuous pressure, but do break. So shutting off
the water is a fail-safe idea. Special valves are available for just that
purpose - to make it easy to turn off the water.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

It does NOT apply to the dryer's gas line (unless you're using the push-on
rubber hoses that have been outlawed since about 1950).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

If the hoses are not rated for the pressure they must not be very good
hoses. I am sure there are millions of homes with the hoses that never get
cut off. There are some valves you can install to cut the water off when
the washer is not in use or will detect a big leak and cut off the water.
If I was going on vacation I would cut off the water going to them or to the
hole house. I did have a hose to develope a leak while I was out of town
one day.
I now cut off the well pump (did not have that option at the other house) if
I go off overnight or longer.

The gas line is only under a couple of pounds of presure. Much less than 10
pounds so you do not have to worry about that line breaking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 12:01*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

My mother was visiting us in Arizona 7 or 8 years ago. We were sitting
in the family room talking, and she started obsessing over whether she
should have turned off the water in her house before she left. As I
was telling her not to worry, we heard the sound of running water, and
saw a widening circle of water creeping across the floor from the
laundry room. The hot water hose on the washer had split. Of course,
this did nothing to improve her frame of mind. I replaced those hoses
with the braided metallic armored kind (available in the home
centers), and got in the habit of turning off the water to the washer
when we were going to be away for a while. Probably a good idea to
change to new hoses each time you replace the washing machine. Fancy
armored hoses can be more expensive than the other kind, but they are
a lot cheaper than repairing the water damage from a leak that's been
running all day while you were at work.

So, yes, those hoses can break. On the other hand, who knows what is
worse for those washer supply hoses - constant pressure, or the
pressure surge every time you turn the supply back on?

I can remember seeing an episode of "Ask This Old House" where the
plumber guy installed one of those leak-detector shutoff valves on the
laundry water lines - you might be able to find it on their website.

Another opportunity for leaks is the water supply line to the toilet.
I had one let go at about 2AM, luckily in the bathroom right next to
our bedroom, so I heard the water running right away. It wasn't
actually the metal flex supply line - the plastic nut connecting to
the bottom of the toilet cracked and split at the joint between the
round and hex parts of the nut. Have since had 5 or 6 other people
tell me the same thing happened to them.

Many recent homes here in AZ have the water supply split at the entry
to the house. You can leave the water on to your lawn sprinkler system
so your lawn doesn't turn brown when you're gone for 3 weeks in the
summer - but you can shut off the main feed to the rest of the house.
I have been been tempted to use that shutoff several times on
vacations, but never have. If it's a concern, you might consider a bit
of minor replumbing to install an easily accessible whole-house
shutoff.

Kind of makes you want to go check your homeowners insurance for water
damage coverage doesn't it? ;-

Jerry
Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Why not? Hoses fail regardless of their rating. Ever hear of water hammer?
Every time you turn off your faucet there is some transient pressure spike
in your system. At some point in time there is always the potential of a
hose failure after it has been subjected to (weakened by) these high
pressure pulses. Get yourself a single lever Watts valve. Gas line is
under low pressure but what's the harm in shutting off the supply to the
dryer/ I have a ball type valve in the line right next to the dryer.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 2:58*pm, "MLD" wrote:

pressure pulses. *Get yourself a single lever Watts valve.

Like this?
http://www.pexsupply.com/Categories....D=610&brandid=

First I heard of this. Interesting. Convenient. Cheap insurance.

Jerry
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 3:01 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

If the hoses are old then turning the water off each time is a good
idea. Replacing the hoses is even better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 7:06�pm, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Get some better hoses (they do make them) and be done with it.

Gas line no problem.

--
Blattus Slafaly �? 3 � � �7/8

anything can break at any time, messing with valves constantly can
lead to them failing too.

your water heater can start lkeaking too at any time
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Yes, it is a good idea. The metal braided lines will last longer than
the rubber hoses. I installed a one-lever shut off valve, about $20.
The gas line should have a shut off value nearby, but it is not
necessary to close off this (low-pressure) valve.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Hi,
There may be some truth in it. But in my whole life I never did that and
never experienced bursted hose. Anyway our washer is located in the
basement right next to floor drain if it ever bursts. If you think about
gas dryer, how about gas fire place, gas range, gas furnace, list goes on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

They make metal-braided hoses that have a built-in valve that shuts
down if it detects a broken hose (I assume it works by having a flow-
limiter on the far end and if the flow through a broken hose is more
than that, a valve at the near end shuts down).

They do take a little longer to fill the washing machine (the flow is
slightly less) but it's worth the extra couple of minutes it takes for
the wash to finish for peace-of-mind. By the way, if you do use
these, you're defeating the purpose of them if you turn the water off.

They're not expensive-- got mine at HD.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

Well, they ARE rated for continuous pressure, but do break. So shutting off
the water is a fail-safe idea. Special valves are available for just that
purpose - to make it easy to turn off the water.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

It does NOT apply to the dryer's gas line (unless you're using the push-on
rubber hoses that have been outlawed since about 1950).

Hi,
One thought, if you keep turing water on/off wouldn't it cause premature
failure of hose by repeated expanding/shrinking cycles?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated
to continuous pressure.

Well, they ARE rated for continuous pressure, but do break. So
shutting off the water is a fail-safe idea. Special valves are
available for just that purpose - to make it easy to turn off the
water.
A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

It does NOT apply to the dryer's gas line (unless you're using the
push-on rubber hoses that have been outlawed since about 1950).

Hi,
One thought, if you keep turing water on/off wouldn't it cause
premature failure of hose by repeated expanding/shrinking cycles?

Don't think so. The water in the hose will retain the pressure - unless it
leaks, then you have a different problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:29:46 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
[...]

Even with titanium hoses equipped with laser carved diamond fittings,
you still have to consider that the inner plumbing and valves of the
washer itself can fail. Shut the water off. Really.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:13:52 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
[...]

Do you turn off the water to your ice maker after the tray fills too?

If I had an icemaker, the answer would be no. Of course, if you were
intellectually honest, you would have admitted that there is a bit of
a difference between the very tiny line to the icemaker, and the two
large diameter hoses leading to the washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
[...]

Dumb----Ask yourself one question--am I better off with the water shut OFF
or ON. The machine shutoff valves are nickel and dime parts--Closure is
made with a small plunger pushed by a spring that's probably exerts a force
comparable to a ball point pen spring. Sure it works but to say that they
never fail----Consider a small piece of contamination on the shutoff valve
seat that starts out as a small leak that grows into a very big leak while
you're off on vacation somewhere.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerry wrote:

Another opportunity for leaks is the water supply line to the toilet.
I had one let go at about 2AM, luckily in the bathroom right next to
our bedroom, so I heard the water running right away. It wasn't
actually the metal flex supply line - the plastic nut connecting to
the bottom of the toilet cracked and split at the joint between the
round and hex parts of the nut. Have since had 5 or 6 other people
tell me the same thing happened to them.

My house was vacant for a while (we tried to sell it, but with the
housing market the way it is, that didn't happen). The day after we
decided to move back in, the toilet supply line in the master bath
failed in exactly the manner described above. A neighbor noticed water
flowing out of the house and called us. We have no way of knowing how
long the water had been spraying out of that crack in the plastic nut,
but all rooms were flooded but the two front bedrooms. All the
carpeting and all of the MDF baseboards in the flooded rooms were
ruined. The company that came out that evening drilled 1" holes in the
drywall everywhere and installed 5 industrial-sized dehumifiers and
about 20 high-power fans to dry everything out. It took a week. All
the flooring had to be replaced except the ceramic tile, and all the
flooded rooms were repainted. The total insurance settlement was about
$25K.

All of this was caused by the failure of a part that costs less than $5
at Home Depot. For under $7 you can get one with a safety shut-off
valve. Guess which one I bought. I replaced the toilet supply line in
the other bathroom as well because the plastic nut on that one was
cracked too, but hadn't started to leak yet.

Suggestion: inspect those things often!

--Steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:28:48 -0400, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:

Shaun Eli wrote:
They make metal-braided hoses that have a built-in valve that shuts
down if it detects a broken hose (I assume it works by having a flow-
limiter on the far end and if the flow through a broken hose is more
than that, a valve at the near end shuts down).

They do take a little longer to fill the washing machine (the flow is
slightly less) but it's worth the extra couple of minutes it takes for
the wash to finish for peace-of-mind. By the way, if you do use
these, you're defeating the purpose of them if you turn the water off.

They're not expensive-- got mine at HD.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com

I have the old cheap hoses on my washer. Never had one break, don't
care if it does since it's in the basement.

By the time you return after a weeks vacation the water will be up to
the first floor. By then it will have done a few other things you may
not appreciate.

Oil tank in your basement? Well, it got floated off the floor,
breaking the fuel line to the boiler. Now you have diesel mixed in
with that water. You can't just pump that out with a sump pump. The
EPA is gonna charge you a few hundred thou to deal with it correctly.

Then the water flooded your burner, ruining it. Oh, yeah, the diesel
fumes have now permeated the entire house. That smell will be there
until the day you tear the house down.

Now the water has risen up to the breaker box. zzzzzzzt! Uh-oh! Now
the diesel fumes have ignited with a big WHOOMP as the water continues
to climb the basement stairs.

etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, a broken washer hose in the basement is nothing to worry
about...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 2:01*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

A plumber told me that it's a good idea to shut off water from the
washer when it's not in use because the flexible lines aren't rated to
continuous pressure.

A. Is that true?
B. Does the same apply to the gas line for the dryer?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Thanks for the reminder, its time to replace my 11 year old hoses. A
good stainless steel hose under 5 years old should not require the
hassle of getting under the laundry tub to turn a valve every time you
want to do the laundry. But watch out when they get old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:30:29 -0400, Blattus Slafaly
wrote:

People like you always assume you know it all.

Like I said, I never had washer hoses break in 50 years. Never shut them
off.

You just pegged my irony meter so hard it bent the needle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Shaun Eli wrote:
[...]

Never heard of a cellar drain? Mine drains out under the drive way down
a banking into a little stream bed.

Never heard of a sump pump? If you don't have a cellar drain you really
should get one so you DON"T get floating oil barrels and flooded oil
burners.

People like you always assume you know it all.

Actually they are just calling attention to something that has been
known to happen. I remember it happening to a neighbor in our old
neighborhood. They were away and the washing machine hose burst and even
though there was a floor drain the basement filled up and flipped the
oil tank just as described. They later found that the floor drain had
become blocked with debris. It doesn't take much. I was washing down the
siding and a pad under the deck which goes into the basement. There is a
standard floor drain in the pad and the pad is pitched to flow into the
drain. After a while I noticed there was a puddle. The drain had blocked
when a mix of a little dirt and some broken leaves accumulated on the
strainer surface.

When I was a kid the supply hose burst on my parent's washer.
Fortunately someone was home and heard the noise and was able to turn
the water off.

Like I said, I never had washer hoses break in 50 years. Never shut them
off.

But a statistical sample size of one is virtually meaningless. One could
come to numerous invalid conclusions with that sample size such as but
certainly not limited to these examples:

I clean my hands with solvent everyday and I didn't get cancer.

I use gasoline to light the BBQ and have never had a problem.

I never check the tire pressure or even look at the tires on my car and
have never had a problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default -google_groups- Shut off water when washer not in use?

Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

pressure pulses. Get yourself a single lever Watts valve.

Like this?
http://www.pexsupply.com/Categories....D=610&brandid=

First I heard of this. Interesting. Convenient. Cheap insurance.

Jerry

They are exactly what you described and also inexpensive. One quick
motion and the water is off. Those valves have become really common in
the past maybe 15 years or so. I don't think I have ever seen new
construction or remodeling where they weren't used. The local real
supply house has them in the area right behind the counter with the
other commonly sold stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

pressure pulses. Get yourself a single lever Watts valve.

Like this?
http://www.pexsupply.com/Categories....D=610&brandid=

First I heard of this. Interesting. Convenient. Cheap insurance.

Jerry

Exactly, if you're handy you can put it in yourself. As noted below--a one
finger flip and both the hot and cold water are shutoff. A real cheap
solution- All these guys who say "Never" are going to eat their words one
day.
MLD

They are exactly what you described and also inexpensive. One quick motion
and the water is off. Those valves have become really common in the past
maybe 15 years or so. I don't think I have ever seen new construction or
remodeling where they weren't used. The local real supply house has them
in the area right behind the counter with the other commonly sold stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:58:58 -0700, Steve
wrote:

Jerry wrote:

[...]

The neighbor across the street went on a 3-week vacation to come back
to an ice-maker line burst. Ruined the carpeting, flooring, and
basement ceiling, total $16K back in 1996. Insurance covered most of
the cost, but nobody needs the hassle. Some folks turn off the main
water supply before leaving for vacation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Jerry wrote:

All of this was caused by the failure of a part that costs less than $5
at Home Depot. For under $7 you can get one with a safety shut-off
valve. Guess which one I bought. I replaced the toilet supply line in
the other bathroom as well because the plastic nut on that one was
cracked too, but hadn't started to leak yet.

Suggestion: inspect those things often!

--Steve

The neighbor across the street went on a 3-week vacation to come back
to an ice-maker line burst. Ruined the carpeting, flooring, and
basement ceiling, total $16K back in 1996. Insurance covered most of
the cost, but nobody needs the hassle. Some folks turn off the main
water supply before leaving for vacation.

Back in the 70's the ruptured toilet line happened to my boss while he
was on vacation - in that case the repair cost was under $4K.

In our case the insurance co. paid the company that did the cleanup
about $8K, then paid another company $3K or $4K to do some of the work I
couldn't handle, and paid me another $14.5K to settle the claim. We
used the money to upgrade to engineered hardwood flooring to replace
carpeting in the bedrooms, living room, back hall and family room, and
ceramic tile to replace vinyl in the bathrooms. We did all the
installation and painting ourselves.

--Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"Steve" wrote in message
est...
wrote:

Jerry wrote:

[...]

A couple of years ago went on a 3 day vacation. Opened the front door and
was greeted to the sound of running water. Toilet flapper had a small leak
and when the water got low enough it refilled. One time the shutoff valve
(float) stuck and the water never stopped running. Most was handled by the
overflow tube and the rest came out the flush handle. Result--Two full
bathrooms completely wiped out (one below the other), the bottom one right
down to the bare studs including the tile floor. Total cost: $25,000, I
paid $200 deductable. Now, even for overnight, I shut off the water
supply--just the simple flip of a ball valve where the water enters the
house.
For almost 4 months--washed in the kitchen sink, showered in the up
bathroom (tub) and used the toilet in the down bath.
Never say Never!
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The smart ones of us turn it off any time we leave the house.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
Some folks turn off the main
water supply before leaving for vacation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "MLD" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

All right, I'm an idiot. How do you install the thing, assuming you get
the threaded variety? Unions above it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 3, 7:46�pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "MLD" wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

the threaded variety? Unions above it?- Hide quoted text -

ahh somone might run their vehicle into your home, dont laugh it
happened to a realtive

electrical sort in wall from say a picture being hung on wall might
cause house fire and destroy home.

never go away from your home for more than a few hours, furnace might
malfunction, house freeze, tons of damage.

commercial airliner might crash into your home....... do you want to
be there at the time of impact?

theres endless possible disasters, your better off having insurance,
taking care of routine maintence and not stress to much lest worrying
causes heart attack and death.

life is too short to spend it all fretting possibilties.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "MLD" wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

An intelligent person removes any risks that are easy to mitigate. My
home has never been burglarized, and I've never had my car stolen. I
still lock both of them when I leave them. Washer hose disasters are
pretty common (ask any insurance company) and VERY easy to avoid. I
also recommend stopping for red traffic lights, and cooking pork
thoroughly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "MLD" wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

thoroughly.- Hide quoted text -

yeah but one could turn leaving your home for a few hours into a
production, of turn off water, turn off most breakers, set burglar
alarm, lock gate, etc etc etc.

where most people just go out the door and dont give it a second
thought.

meanwhile the careful person is causing excess wear on valves switches
etc. too many breakers on and off may cause no trip when you need it
the most

I had a braided metal hot water line to bathroom sink start leaking
pretty bad once, so those lines arent perfect. my dads water filter
split in two while he was on vacation, flooded home. thanks to
insurance it looks better than ever.

anyone leave any electrical stuff plugged in while not home?

did you know a major cause of home fires is the simple can opener?
they short somehow, and home fires are way worse than water leaks.

how about dishwashers? powered on constantly with water always on
thats a hazard too

oh asnd heres a sad one, good friends had 140K in home fire damage
after their cat knocked over a lamp, in their bedroom they were
underinsured, no coverage for possesions or living expenses, the 140
thousand was just structural damage

best get rid of all pets............ err barking dog in middle of
nite alerted foiks to next doors home on fire.........

geez maintain your home as best you can and have insurance....

beyond that chiull, too much stress makes people ill.

give me a flatened home before a heart attack or cancer.

wonder if the people worried about a washer leaking smoke?

if they do they are at so much personal health risk why concern
themselves with anything?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "MLD" wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

I guess you read my post and now realize that you don't qualify as
"intelligent". You also sound pretty stressed out.

See ya.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "MLD" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

The common version isn't threaded and is made to solder directly to your
1/2" tubing. They are simple to install and no unions etc are needed.
You remove the valve body to protect it from heat (two screws) and
clean/flux the fittings and do the same with the tubing. Sweat and put
the valve body back on.
Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"George" wrote in message
. ..
Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "MLD" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

That's the way but be honest, it's not quite that simple. Requires a bit
more work since the hot and cold lines must align with the valve etc. BTW,
if ever they leak you don't have to replace the whole valve. Get a new one
and just replace the innards using the old valve's body
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

In article , "MLD" wrote:
"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

[...]

This is a guy you never want to work with--an idiot who thinks that he's
playing with you and in actuality has an IQ about the same as his hat size.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
[...]

I can tell you an icemaker story. A neighbor had GE service her
refrigerator and right after they were done left town for 2 weeks. When she
came back the house was flooded because the ice maker line had been damaged
when the refrigerator was pushed back into position. The good part of the
story is GE gave no arguement and paid to have her house repaired.... which
was quite extensive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:37:51 -0400, "Art"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Aaron Fude wrote:
[...]

I don't doubt it. None the less, the icemaker line normally presents a
far smaller risk than the two 1/2 inch washer hoses and the washing
machines internal plumbing.

Leaky shut-off handle - replace washer or use teflon valve packing string? blueman Home Repair 3 June 22nd 08 04:00 AM
Water shut off GMM UK diy 8 February 17th 08 01:45 PM
How can I shut off electricity to hot water heater when water stops flowing thru it? [email protected] Home Ownership 3 October 26th 05 10:56 PM
How can I shut off electricity to hot water heater when water stops flowing thru it? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 October 25th 05 02:59 AM