Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another Question on Laminate Flooring

On Sep 4, 4:13*am, LouB wrote:
Kate wrote:
I know what you are talking about. *The only reason I am looking at
Pergo is that my brother has a high-end home and he has the real Mc coy
wooden floors.

Accidents happen, and his refrigerator leaked. *It was a mess, as he had
to hire someone to come in and sand and treat the wood floor. *He said
if he had to do it over, he would go with a laminate floor.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kate

Ahh but read the warnings about laminate getting wet.
I know someome who had to replace part of a floor when a dishwasher
leaked. *Google is your friend. *Have you tried it?

Lou

I'd also consider re-sale value. I'm not saying there aren't places
and uses for Pergo that make sense. But I would question the
judgement of someone who has a "high end home", telling you they would
have preferred to have used Pergo flooring. I've never seen a high
end home with Pergo.