Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Den[_3_] Den[_3_] is offline

Default Loctite discovery

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:26:19 +0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Den"
quickly quoth:

"William Noble" wrote in message

don't know, but brake fluid is really bitter and hard to wipe off from
around your mouth.

Petrol ("gas" for those state-side) isn't so bad but makes your lips
feel
funny.

Beware - gasoline (petrol) is a narcotic (in the formal medical sense of
the word) and it really can kill you

Don't worry I spat it out quickly! I was siphoning fuel - stupidly
starting
the flow by mouth - somthing you only do once (or twice).

I saw people get gas in their mouths too often, so I decided to avoid
it myself. Instead, I took a flexible toilet float and punched two
holes in it. One held the cutoff of garden hose, the other an 18"
piece of clear tubing. I put the garden hose in the tank with the
small side of the float pushed up against the filler neck. Then I blew
with the small tube to pressurize the gas tank, causing the fuel flow
without my being anywhere near it. I should have patented that idea
30+ years ago. Now it's too late, with anti-siphon necks and all.
sigh

--
Who is wise? He that learns from every One.
Who is powerful? He that governs his Passions.

You missed out on being a millionaire with that one - a neat idea.