Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_4_] Kate[_4_] is offline

Default Another Question on Laminate Flooring

I know what you are talking about. The only reason I am looking at
Pergo is that my brother has a high-end home and he has the real Mc coy
wooden floors.

Accidents happen, and his refrigerator leaked. It was a mess, as he had
to hire someone to come in and sand and treat the wood floor. He said
if he had to do it over, he would go with a laminate floor.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kate

aemeijers wrote:
Kate wrote:
I just spent quite a bit of time researching Pergo.

Many have commented that there is a clicking sound when walking on it,
and others have said it is too spongy.

Can anyone comment on this please?

Thanks.

Kate

Different strokes for different folks. Having seen a lot of Pergo floors
when I was house shopping 3 years ago, I didn't care for it. I detest
fake woodgrain, and the floors looked and felt like a giant countertop
to me. Wood is supposed to feel solid underfoot. The only engineered
floors I would even consider are the ones with a real wood top layer,
and them only if I couldn't afford 3/4 t&g hardwood. If that wasn't in
the budget I'd go with good vinyl for wet rooms, and the most
indestructible w/w carpet I could afford in the others.

But that is just me- YMMV, and probably will. I know plenty of people
that love their fake floors.

--
aem sends...