Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Alternative to flapper in toilet tank?

Calab wrote:
I'm getting very tired of constantly replacing the rubber flappers on our
three toilets. I've tried different suppliers and grades, but after a few
months they seem to distort and start leaking.

I know that there is no buildup on the flapper, or the hole where it seats.
The pull chain isn't snagging and holding up flapper. Why would I get leaks
after a few months?

Anyhow, I'm looking for an alternative for the flapper on my toilets.
Something that will last a good while before needing any kind of repairs.
Any idea on what I could use?

Hi,
That is little intereting. In the past 15 years since I have had this
house built, I replaced 3 of them between 4 bathrooms. I don't know what
it might be but it sure does not sound right.