Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default -google_groups- Shut off water when washer not in use?

"George" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:58 pm, "MLD" wrote:

pressure pulses. Get yourself a single lever Watts valve.

Like this?
http://www.pexsupply.com/Categories....D=610&brandid=

First I heard of this. Interesting. Convenient. Cheap insurance.

Jerry

Exactly, if you're handy you can put it in yourself. As noted below--a one
finger flip and both the hot and cold water are shutoff. A real cheap
solution- All these guys who say "Never" are going to eat their words one
day.
MLD

They are exactly what you described and also inexpensive. One quick motion
and the water is off. Those valves have become really common in the past
maybe 15 years or so. I don't think I have ever seen new construction or
remodeling where they weren't used. The local real supply house has them
in the area right behind the counter with the other commonly sold stuff.