Posted to alt.home.repair
phil scott phil scott is offline

Default Moving a gas dryer about 20 feet

On Sep 2, 7:21*pm, "alta47" wrote:
The gas company even uses flexible gas lines underground for some
installations. *I remember seeing them use some sort of ditch-witch device
that pulled flexible gas lines underground when they were running gas lines
from building to building on a 5 acre site where I worked.

I just did a Google search for "flexible gas pipe" (without the quotes) and
a lot of info comes up. *The first item that came up when I did this search
washttp://www.askthebuilder.com/296_Flexible_Gas_Lines-_Are_You_Serious_....
, and there were many more.

"Don Young" wrote in message

webinternetservicesprovideinc...

No code I am aware of allows 20 feet of flex line, nor do I know of any
manufacturer who makes one that long. You will need to extend the gas line
in whatever kind of pipe it presently is or whatever kind is required for
the area it is running thru. You will most likely need black iron pipe,
especially if it runs thru an area where it might be damaged. Your local
gas company has the best advice. Don't install it in any way that they do
not approve of and you will be fine.

Don Young- Hide quoted text -

thats cross linked polymer material, very heavy, tough and
expensive..used because it wont corrode, crack or break ...and it
bends...its a fast install..... but it has to be underground. Not
suitable above ground because it melts in a fire.

Phil scott