Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Insulating blinds

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD

i have some insulating cellular blinds on my south and west facing walls.
they do work well, and it's very noticeable when the sun is shining on them
when they are rolled up.

regards,
charlie
phx, az