Posted to alt.home.repair
KD KD is offline

Default Insulating blinds

Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD

i have some insulating cellular blinds on my south and west facing walls.
they do work well, and it's very noticeable when the sun is shining on them
when they are rolled up.

regards,
charlie
phx, az

Posted to alt.home.repair

KD wrote:
Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD

Considered insulated drapes?

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 3, 10:14*am, KD wrote:
Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD

They advertise R3 or so with cellular blinds I have seen, there is one
I saw online that sealed at the sides which looked good, it looks like
a good idea, insulating curtains will also help. I would goodle
insulating blinds ets , you will find interesting products
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD

Your new windows in theory solved your major heat loss problem.

I install blinds as a contractor. I read all the data sheets.

Make your blind selection based on what looks good and pleases you. The
R-value is not worth paying extra for or living with something you don't
like.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and
consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy
cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and
appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy
cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular
varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover
the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me
money somewhere else.

I have cellular shades, and they seem to work. I have good Andersen
windows, but when you raise the cell shades a crack on a cold morning, you
can feel a draft. So based on that, I'd say they work.

Hanging blinds J UK diy 6 January 14th 07 10:07 PM
Gap at edge of insulating blinds dean Home Repair 1 November 5th 06 04:07 AM
Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 08:20 PM
blinds and curtains? Sawney Beane Home Repair 11 November 17th 05 07:30 PM