Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Cutting steel plate

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 05:25:11 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Larry Jaques quickly quoth:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 05:32:49 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Winston quickly quoth:

Michael Koblic wrote:
I found myself in need to cut 1/2" mild steel plate today. The cut was about
4-3/4".

For straight cuts, check out 319-4083

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=319-4083

Alternatively, you could put a ferrous metal cutting blade in
your worm drive circular saw. Note that non-worm saws don't
have the mustard for this kind of duty.

If you're looking for something to build timberframe homes with, a
worm drive is it. Here's a nice little beauty of a Makita, a
16-15/16" circular saw. thud

Tawm, take one of these to your spare warehouse, take it down by hand,
and sell the lumber!

It'd be nice if I'd link it, huh? blush So solly!
http://tinyurl.com/5ue7jj

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can