Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27629 Ignoramus27629 is offline

Default Cutting steel plate

On 2008-09-03, Grant Erwin wrote:
Ignoramus27629 wrote:

I cut most stuff with my mill these days.

How?

Let's say that I want to cut a pipe, I put it in a vise and cut it
with an endmill.

When I want to drive a screw, I put a screwdriver in a vise and rotate the
work around it with my lathe.

I have very clever techniques.

I thought you used a hacksaw to cut that 1/2" thick plate? Are you
done yet?

As usual, you're confusing me for somebody else, but cutting 1/2" mild
steel with a hacksaw isn't an impossible for anybody that can actually
handle a hacksaw, or actually knows how to use tools.

I can give you a piece of 1/2" plate, for free. You use your hacksaw
to cut it and come back when you are done. I will give you a free
virtual pat on the back.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/