Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Replacing Fridge Thermostat

My fridge ( Lec Elan /no icebox) ) seems to have difficulty getting to
5 degrees without the control being set at setting 6 which is it's
Max . I am using a thermometer to check this .
I'm proposing to replace the thermostat and was wondering if it's a
difficult job . The control is just below the top ( appears to be
removeable) of the fridge above the door and can be operated when the
door is shut . Looking at the back of the fridge a pipe which I take
to be the tubing on the thermo exits from just under the top of the
fridge and then goes back inside the fridge about 1/3rd of the way
down and I guess it sits behind the plate that sits at the back of
the fridge (inside) .
This would appear to be the replacement thermo
http://www.buyspares.co.uk/cgi-bin/p...20Thermo stat

It seems reasonably straightforward ...remove the fridge
top,disconnect the inside plate ,disconnect the switch and remove the
thermo then do the same in reverse ...
Does that sound right ?