Posted to alt.home.repair
coffee[_3_] coffee[_3_] is offline

Default DTV Conversion tv commericials on TV?

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 14:04:48 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 05:49:16 -0500, coffee
wrote:

[snip]

It annoys me too. What also annoys me are the overlays they run during
the shows. It gets pretty bad. You get so many overlays on the screen
that it actually interrupts the show.

I can remember watching a good show, when the bottom third of the screen
was covered up by some irrelevant and distracting animation and the
audio was hidden by a CREEEEK! BANG!! POP! PFFFFT!! CLANG! noise that
had nothing to do with the current show.

The real solution is to cut your tv cable and get a netflix account and

Isnt it ironic that over all these years of TV broadcasting that we are
now going back to an antenna? I figure that If I cut off my comcast I
can save an average of 1800 bucks a year. That would be cable tv/stb's/
internet.

coffee

p.s. I dont think watching game shows is a sign of being stupid. In
fact, It keeps the brain sharp as you "Play along".

If it's "Wheel of Fortune" it's better with the sound off.

Yah, Vanna isnt what she used to be either. grin.

coffee