Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Briggs Michael Briggs is offline

Default Scarf Joint

"trvlnmny" wrote in message
I have a piece of red oak that is 60" x 4" x 1/4". I want to steam
this and bend it. I have no problem doing that . Where I would like to
get some help is with making a scarf to join the 2 ends after the wood
is bent. Obviously I have to cut each end independantly but how do I
make the cuts so they will form a perfect joint?
Thanks for any and all help.

Check out the show "How It's Made". They had an episode on building drums.
They showed how the scarfs were done. I think it will ans. most of your
questions
Hope it helps
Mike