Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_4_] Kate[_4_] is offline

Default Keeping laminate flooring clean...

Hi Alex,

Sorry you never got any replies.

I am trying to decide on installing laminate flooring.

How do you like it so far?

What did you find to clean it?

Thanks.

Kate

Alex wrote:
Hi Everyone,

We just installed Mohawk laminate floating floors throughout hour
livingroom, hallway, kitchen, and dining room, but I wanted to ask
what others with similar installations have used to keep things clean.
Also, how paranoid should we be about keeping them try? The cleaning
instructions say to never let water stand on the floors, but say our
baby drools or we drop a few drops while doing dishes... should we be
quick to jump down and clean it up?

As for cleaners, the instructions say to only use the Mohawk cleaner,
but given we can't find that stuff locally, what else do you guys
suggest? Also what chemicals can be used or not used? And what about
brooms, are there any that will scratch while others safer?

Thanks for any suggestions. Our floors look great, so I want to do
whatever we can to keep'em that way.

Alex