Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keeping laminate flooring clean...

Hi Everyone,

We just installed Mohawk laminate floating floors throughout hour
livingroom, hallway, kitchen, and dining room, but I wanted to ask
what others with similar installations have used to keep things clean.
Also, how paranoid should we be about keeping them try? The cleaning
instructions say to never let water stand on the floors, but say our
baby drools or we drop a few drops while doing dishes... should we be
quick to jump down and clean it up?

As for cleaners, the instructions say to only use the Mohawk cleaner,
but given we can't find that stuff locally, what else do you guys
suggest? Also what chemicals can be used or not used? And what about
brooms, are there any that will scratch while others safer?

Thanks for any suggestions. Our floors look great, so I want to do
whatever we can to keep'em that way.

Alex
Posted to alt.home.repair

Alex wrote:
Hi Everyone,

We just installed Mohawk laminate floating floors throughout hour
livingroom, hallway, kitchen, and dining room, but I wanted to ask
what others with similar installations have used to keep things clean.
Also, how paranoid should we be about keeping them try? The cleaning
instructions say to never let water stand on the floors, but say our
baby drools or we drop a few drops while doing dishes... should we be
quick to jump down and clean it up?

As for cleaners, the instructions say to only use the Mohawk cleaner,
but given we can't find that stuff locally, what else do you guys
suggest? Also what chemicals can be used or not used? And what about
brooms, are there any that will scratch while others safer?

Thanks for any suggestions. Our floors look great, so I want to do
whatever we can to keep'em that way.

* Keep 'em swept. Various models of "Dust-buster-on-a-stick" vacuums work
well.
* Don't worry about incidental moisture.
* A cup of vinegar in a gallon of water used to damp mop should prove ample
for sticky nastiness. A substitute for "Mohawk" cleaner can be a similar
product from any other laminate maker (i.e., Bruce).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:42:29 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Alex wrote:
[...]

A "swiffer" type mop, used daily, will help remove grit. Damp mop
once or twice weekly. Water splashes may leave a mark, but should
not harm a well-finished floor
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 18, 10:15*pm, Alex wrote:
[...]

Might be interesting to learn what pros use Check your Yellow Pages
for Janitorial Supplies and visit the store. Unlike supermarkets, they
tend to sell things that really work. You will probably even find
products there that could make some other household chores a lot
easier. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Alex wrote:
[...]

Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner (spray container) available
in Home Depot or Lowes flooring department. I spray and then wipe with
a large swiffer type push mop available in the same stores. hth

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Alex,

Sorry you never got any replies.

I am trying to decide on installing laminate flooring.

How do you like it so far?

What did you find to clean it?

Thanks.

Kate

Alex wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Alex wrote:
[...]

I believe that I provided an answer some time ago - anyway, I use
Bruce hardwood and laminate floor cleaner and a large
replaceable/washable head for a mop similar to a Swiffer.
hth