Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving a gas dryer about 20 feet

On Sep 2, 8:14�pm, phil scott wrote:
On Sep 2, 12:27�pm, "Flatus Johnson" fj@nonet wrote:

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Hi,

I would like to move my gas dryer about 20 feet. Is it OK to use a
longer flexible pipe? Or is there a limitation on how long the
flexible part is allowed to be?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Are you talking gas supply line or exhaust line? Not sure of what code is-- �
but I don't think I'd want 20' of flimsy flex tubing for a gas line in the
house where my wife and kids slept....

thats about right.... you can extend the vent if you want 20 feet by
upsizing it an inch or so... the gas line needs to be schedule 40
steel, secured to the wall, last 20 inches or so can be flex.

Phil scott- Hide quoted text -

longer exhaust line equals longer drying time even with upsized line,
plus larger linew may accumulate more lint, requiring more frequent
disassembly and cleaning.

so you will be using more energy, spending more money, and have a new
job.

worse theres a max length for exhaust lines whats the current length?