Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving a gas dryer about 20 feet

On Sep 2, 6:54�pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:03:16 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude

wrote:
Hi,

I would like to move my gas dryer about 20 feet. Is it OK to use a
longer flexible pipe? Or is there a limitation on how long the
flexible part is allowed to be?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Use smooth metal tubing and use metallic tape to cover all the inside
seams and joints. � Flexible pipe creates turbulance and will more
likely catch lint. �Flex vinyl tubes should not be used for a dryer
vent.

i replaced a section of that supposedly flamable plastic exhaust line
when replacing a friends dryer.

took it out on the driveway and attempted to set fire to a small piece
first using a lighter, it just turned brown.

then tried my propane torch, it didnt light either.

i expected a ball of fire, all it did was turn brown