Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default F Connectors

In article ,
Chewbacca wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Came across a funny today - a DAB tuner with the input F socket
'square' at the end rather than tapered. Which means certain makes of
plugs simply won't grip tightly - even with the nut tight the body
still spins round. Can't do much for the signal.

Not sure I understand, I thought they were all square

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17061/...lug-Pack-of-10

That shows the plug which screws onto the socket. And it is the socket
that was unusual in that the end was near completely square - just like a
thread cut through with a hacksaw. Most of the others I've seen have a
small taper. And if you look at the design of the plug, the socket end
needs to clamp on the plug body - with this arrangement the thread
bottomed in the nut part before gripping the body.

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.