Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Opening/removing SUPRA key-safe.

David Chapman wrote:
My son has just moved into a new (old) house and found a (locked)
SUPRA key-safe attached to the side wall. This is the grey-box type
that has two vertical rows of five mechanical push buttons (numbered
1 to 10) on it along with OPEN and CLOSE sliders.
It's absolutely no use to him locked so he'd like to be able to open
it or, if that is not possible, just to remove it from the wall
without seriously damaging the brickwork to which it is attached. The
previous owner of the house died so it's not possible to ask her the
key combination.

Apart from the 'brutality with extreme prejudice' approach with a
very large hammer, can anyone suggest a better way to open or remove
it? Can anyone explain how this particular SUPRA key-safe is
normally opened when the correct code is known? How many digits need
to be entered, and how should the sliders be used? Is there a User
Manual for it?
I suppose he could try entering all of the combinations one after the
other but I doubt that he's got the patience in view of all of the
other jobs that need to be done.

Assuming numbers can be used more than once and all 10 numbers are used,
thats 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 6 x 7 x 8 x 9 x 10 possible combinations if my
maths are right. Well over 3 million possibles.

Angle grinder!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk