Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

On Sep 1, 5:40*pm, (chuckferguson)
wrote:
-------------------------------------

Hi,
I install home computers, and recently I was in a beautiful old house to
install a machine but found there were only two-prong ungrounded outlets.
I didn't know what else I could do, so I removed the grounding prongs from
a six-splitter and plugged that into the wall. I plugged the computer and
the LCD display into the six-splitter. Can someone tell me if this is
dangerous and if so how dangerous?
Thanks very much.
chuck

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Did anybody else notice the first line of this post?

"I install home computers"

For who? Who would send out a technician that knows so little about
the power/wiring requirements for the equipment he is charged with
installing?

I smell a troll.