Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Kenmore dryer stops while drying...

On Sep 2, 2:37*pm, " wrote:
I have a 5 year old Kenmore gas dryer. The model is 110.73942101.

The dryer often stops running during the cycle before it is time.
Pressing the Start button does not get it going again unless I pulled
the power plug and replug it into the wall.
I tried all temperature settings and they behave the same.
When the dryer stops, the timer knob rapidly runs down.

Any clue what may be wrong?

I had an old Kenmore whose door latch got weak and the tumbling
clothes would open the door just enough to open the switch.

I didn't have to unplug it to get it working, but then this model was
so old that it didn't have any sophisticated electronics in it.