Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore dryer stops while drying...

I have a 5 year old Kenmore gas dryer. The model is 110.73942101.

The dryer often stops running during the cycle before it is time.
Pressing the Start button does not get it going again unless I pulled
the power plug and replug it into the wall.
I tried all temperature settings and they behave the same.
When the dryer stops, the timer knob rapidly runs down.

Any clue what may be wrong?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 2:37*pm, " wrote:
I have a 5 year old Kenmore gas dryer. The model is 110.73942101.

The dryer often stops running during the cycle before it is time.
Pressing the Start button does not get it going again unless I pulled
the power plug and replug it into the wall.
I tried all temperature settings and they behave the same.
When the dryer stops, the timer knob rapidly runs down.

Any clue what may be wrong?

I had an old Kenmore whose door latch got weak and the tumbling
clothes would open the door just enough to open the switch.

I didn't have to unplug it to get it working, but then this model was
so old that it didn't have any sophisticated electronics in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I doubt it's the door since the door appears to be really tight. Also
the fact that I needed to unplug and re-plug the power cord seems to
indicate some other problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 6:54*pm, " wrote:
I doubt it's the door since the door appears to be really tight. Also
the fact that I needed to unplug and re-plug the power cord seems to
indicate some other problem.

Aha! Not one of those 'darn' new fangled one with an electronic
timer??????
Posted to alt.home.repair

It has a big timer knob that you turn to pick the time of the drying.
I noticed that whenever the dryer stops prematurely, the timer knob
seems to turn faster than normal. So if there was still 1/2 hour to go
and the dryer stops, the knob winds itself down in just a few minutes.
Strange, but an important clue...