Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How to Lower Bed or Put it on the Floor?

In article , "h"
wrote:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 06:49:30 -0500, "PanHandler"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"PanHandler" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
dadiOH wrote:

snip

Just loose the box springs...you'll never miss them.

Second this. Box springs are worthless and add no comfort.

How would loosening the box spring lower the bed?

Yeah, no ****. This one has to be damn near at the top of my pet peeve
list.

LOL - Yup - it's right up there with "then/than".

Like accept/except.

I know someone who used to work in a university admissions office. She
once told me about a student who was accepted but didn't go there,
writing saying she was "excepted" somewhere else.

And loan/lend. "Loan" is a noun, "lend" is a verb. You cannot "loan" someone
something but you can "lend" it.

The noun/verb idiocy we see virtually daily in a.h.r. is advice/advise.
That surprises me because I don't think people confuse the two in
speech. The spelling matches the pronunciation, so if someone merely
read his own writing aloud, wouldn't he be able to distinguish the two?

Also apprised/appraised and cognitive/cognizant. I had a boss who always
used the wrong one. I was frequently asked to "keep him appraised" and to be
"cognitive of the needs of our clients." I used to cringe when he did it in
meetings, although I'm not sure most people noticed. Yikes.