Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default How to Lower Bed or Put it on the Floor?

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 06:49:30 -0500, "PanHandler"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"PanHandler" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
dadiOH wrote:

snip

Just loose the box springs...you'll never miss them.

Second this. Box springs are worthless and add no comfort.

How would loosening the box spring lower the bed?

Yeah, no ****. This one has to be damn near at the top of my pet peeve
list.

LOL - Yup - it's right up there with "then/than".

Like accept/except.

I know someone who used to work in a university admissions office. She
once told me about a student who was accepted but didn't go there,
writing saying she was "excepted" somewhere else.

And loan/lend. "Loan" is a noun, "lend" is a verb. You cannot "loan" someone
something but you can "lend" it.

Also apprised/appraised and cognitive/cognizant. I had a boss who always
used the wrong one. I was frequently asked to "keep him appraised" and to be
"cognitive of the needs of our clients." I used to cringe when he did it in
meetings, although I'm not sure most people noticed. Yikes.