Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jgtrimble@yahoo.com is offline

Default Samsung HDTV setup troubleshooting

Sorry if this question is too basic for this group; I am new to this
(as you will see from my question, not super-tech-savvy).

My wife & I bought a Samsung 32” flat-screen HD TV. We have digital
cable TV at home, in addition to a DVD player. We were able to
successfully hook up the TV so that digital cable comes through just
fine, but the DVD player (which runs through the “Component 2”
channel) comes through only in black & white. The sound is good and
the picture is good, but there is no color. We are using brand new A/
V cables, and though the DVD player is several years old it worked
fine on our old (standard) television set.

What are we doing wrong? Is this a set-up issue or is it a problem
with the TV itself? Any suggestions would be welcome – thank you. JGT