Posted to alt.home.repair
Woodie[_2_] Woodie[_2_] is offline

Default DTV Conversion tv commericials on TV?

Robert Blass wrote:
Am I the only one who is annoyed at those DTV conversion public
service tv ads? They run often, about 7 times and hour no matter what
is on the schedule. One time it covered up the wheel of fortune
category and another time covered up the screen so much you couldn't
read Jeopardy questions.

Are the local stations be paid like a lot of money to run these ads?

It's on all the local channels so that is 5 channels running these ads
7 times an hour?

Are people ****ing retarded and need to be reminded this often?

Some... I bet the local TV stations will be bombarded by calls from
"uninformed" viewers wondering why their best friend, the magic picture
went away.

It is as though we're being prepared for nuclear war or some plaugue
with no cure. What the hell?

In one hour I counted more than 12 minutes of DTV conversion ads and
this was during programs, they do not dare run them during commercials
though for money losses.

Dammit if things are like this then what would they do for something
important?

put it on CSPAN

I even saw a news story were retarded people have bought DTV converter
and installed it only later finding out it's not needed if you have
cable tv service. Do people just blindly buy **** mentioned on the
news now?

Umm... Yes. How else do you think Billy Mays and his ilk become filthy
stinkin' rich?

I generally only buy things I want or need and not just because I saw
the local anchorman tell me to buy something.

If I bought everything advertised on tv I'd have to spend close to
$500K per year and discover I only liked or needed maybe 1% of the
stuff.

This DTV over-doing-it-tv-commercial crap is causing me some great
deal of anger. I was just curious if this is also getting on anyone
else's nerves too?

Not mine. The idiot box doesn't anger me. Sometimes it amuses me, and
even informs me, but I don't get angry at it.
So, relax. Don't tard out about it.

I'm now tempted, like Elvis, to shoot my tv but I have to hold back
and use self control.

That's good. Besides, you're no Elvis.

DTV is coming, now you know and if you fail to get one it's your own
fault, now that's all the warning you need retarded people.

Thanks for the warning. First I've heard of it. Good thing you're out
here telling us it's coming - I don't know where else we would have
gotten that information.