Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How to Lower Bed or Put it on the Floor?

In article ,
"PanHandler" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
dadiOH wrote:
trax wrote:
I have had a bedroom set for over 10 years and it is very nice,
however the bed is high off the ground. It takes a 2 step (original
furniture that came with the set) to get into the bed. It was ok
while I was young, but now that I am getting older I don't want to
climb into bed and would probably break a limb if I accidently fell
out. Anyway, any suggestions on how the bed could be lowered,
without damaging the furniture or should I put the box springs on
the floor? I like the furniture and we not want to sell. Thanks

Just loose the box springs...you'll never miss them.

Second this. Box springs are worthless and add no comfort.

How would loosening the box spring lower the bed?

Yeah, no ****. This one has to be damn near at the top of my pet peeve
list.