Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Phaedeaux Phaedeaux is offline

Default Tocord

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:17:31 -0700, John Larkin wrote:

The impedance graphs and text on the cited web page are made-up lies.
But I suppose the wilder the lies, the more audiophools will pay.

Audio doesn't really matter anyhow.

Didn't one of the electronics magazines once publish a series of A/B
comparisons of various ultra-expensive speaker cables against zero-guage
welding cable? As I recall, the 0 AWG pair performed better in both the
instrumental and listening tests than any of the audiosnob brands. Of
course, the expensive-is-always-better crowd countered that the cables
must be matched to the combination of amp, speaker and listening room.
One day, I'd like to see how a panel of audiosnobs would rate a _live_
performance heard through an opaque (but acoustically transparent)
curtain.