Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Casement Window - Replace a Gear or Operator Mechanism - AnySolution?

On Sep 1, 4:31�pm, aemeijers wrote:
allanc wrote:
I can not find a label on the window.

On Sep 1, 9:10 am, "Worn Out Retread" wrote:
Replacement parts can be obtained if you know the manufacturer.

"allanc" wrote in message

We just bought a house and several windows have casement hardware
issues.- Hide quoted text -

Take one set off, and carry it into the local specialty window dealer.
(The one that is only open m-f 7-4, over on the cheap side of town.)
They will either recognize it, or have a book to look it up in. I had to
do the same thing on my grandmother's old house a few years back before
we sold it. They were Andersons, but of an obsolete style, so I couldn't
get an exact match. I had to move a few around to put all the new ones
in one room, so it wouldn't look funny.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

there are companies like the window man who come to your home to fix
stuff like this, pricey but easy. try calling some local glass
companies, they know who fixes windows