Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob[_19_] Bob[_19_] is offline

Default Getting sewer & water want to keep well too.

meant to type well pump froze up, not because of temp but non use, rust
probably.

"Bob" wrote in message
.. .

"Patrick C" wrote in message
Wondering if we keep our well will it freeze due to non use in the
winter? Is there some maintenance that has to be done when shutting down.
It's a submersible and has a standing pipe, about a foot, in the yard.
They allow us to keep it for outdoor use.

I have a well and county water. A couple of years ago my well froze up on
me do to lack of use over the winter so I hooked it to the toilet that
gets the most use. Haven't had any trouble since with that problem.