Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick C Patrick C is offline

Default Getting sewer & water want to keep well too.

"Blattus Slafaly" wrote in message
Patrick C wrote:
Wondering if we keep our well will it freeze due to non use in the
winter? Is there some maintenance that has to be done when shutting
down. It's a submersible and has a standing pipe, about a foot, in the
yard. They allow us to keep it for outdoor use.

I would refuse public water and sewer. You will pay for that and it
doubles every 4 years. In My old town they started charging for the
rain! Run off from your property into the storm drains will cost you.
They run it all through the treatment process now. They can kiss my
butt. I have my own water and sewer and always will even if I have to
move again.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

I don't think they will give me the option of not hooking up eventually.
And the longer we wait the more expensive it will be. It must cost to pump
the water and there's the cost of the salt for the softener which is a pain.