Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

If a power wire inside the computer touches the (metal) case of the
computer, the case can become energized. And thus, a shock hazard to the
people. With a grounded system, the power goes through the ground wire back
to the earth. With the ground prong cut off, the power goes through the
person, electrocuting that person.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"chuckferguson" wrote in message

Hi,
I install home computers, and recently I was in a beautiful old house to
install a machine but found there were only two-prong ungrounded outlets.
I didn't know what else I could do, so I removed the grounding prongs from
a six-splitter and plugged that into the wall. I plugged the computer and
the LCD display into the six-splitter. Can someone tell me if this is
dangerous and if so how dangerous?
Thanks very much.
chuck