Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default 2-prong to 3-prong

"chuckferguson" wrote in message

-------------------------------------

Hi,
I install home computers, and recently I was in a beautiful old house to
install a machine but found there were only two-prong ungrounded outlets.
I didn't know what else I could do, so I removed the grounding prongs from
a six-splitter and plugged that into the wall. I plugged the computer and
the LCD display into the six-splitter. Can someone tell me if this is
dangerous and if so how dangerous?
Thanks very much.
chuck

For you, not being an electrician, the most practical thing to do is carry a
few grounding adapters like these:
http://www.radioshack.com/sm-3-prong...i-2104010.html.
Make your installation using the adapters and instruct the customer to
contact their electrician to provide a grounded outlet for the installed
equipment.