Posted to alt.home.repair
news news is offline

Default a different way to repair car tire?

I have repaired more than a few punctures over the years with silicone
rubber in a small tube. I jack up the car to raise the wheel, pull the nail
or screw, remove the valve stem, then squirt or push in just a little
silicone rubber into the hole and let sit overnight. Next day, I replace the
valve stem and use a pump to get the pressure up to about 20 lbs/sq inch and
drive to QuikTrip to add air (free) up to 35 lbs. I check the air pressure
every few days for a week just to make sure it worked. I haven't had any
leak so far.

"john" wrote in message ...
My tire is punctured by a small screw. I bought a tire plug repair kit,
but it seems like I have to first make the puncture hole *bigger* before I
stick in the plug.

Of the hundreds type of sealant/adhesive sold in home stores, is there one
that I can inject into the puncture (this won't make the hole bigger) and
would cure to the consistency of tire rubber?